Thursday, February 22, 2007
Email and Internet Projects
People often think that email actually hinders students writing skills by teaching students incorrect usage and misspelled words. Actually there are many things out there that are excellent in boosting writing skills. I do not think everyday email programs help children learn writing skills. I do, however, really like a web based program called Kidbiz3000 that focuses on email skills and many other process writing skills. Students must log on each day, respond to email, and complete other tasks. I used this program for a year in one of my classes and it really helped with writing skills. It was very minimal work for me as well because the program assess and graded everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I got on to explore that kidbiz3000. That is an interesting site. I really like the safety features. It says that it is for students grades 2-12. I teach 1st grade, but I wonder if it would not still be appropriate for some of my students? Also, I agree that e-mail may not provide the best format for teaching writing skills, but just the added practice of writing and using the keyboard would be beneficial on its own. Thanks for the site reference!
I really like the idea of using a email program that allows the students to respond to daily email. I also like the idea of it grading it for you! I will defintely check this site out.
Post a Comment